SCHOOL LUNCHES NEED TO BE ORDERED THROUGH PARENTPAY AT LEAST 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE
Our on-site catering team produce a range of freshly cooked, delicious, healthy options on a daily basis. A salad bar, fresh bread and fruit are always available.
Meat is sourced from a local butcher and vegetable delivered fresh on a regular basis.
School Dinners currently cost £2.45 per day for children in KS2 (Hope, Faith, Peace and Trinity class). Children can opt for packed lunches from home if preferred.
Since September 2014, lunch is free for all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
All lunches will need to be ordered at least 48 hours in advance and paid for if applicable.
- Chunks of melon, strawberries, grapes, or whatever you have to hand. Look out for fruit that’s in season, it’s likely to be cheaper.
- Dried – how about just a few pieces of mango, banana or pineapple? Don’t forget, a small handful is about the right amount of dried fruit for kids.
- Low fat fruit yoghurt.
- A handful of dry, reduced sugar cereal with a few raisins or sultanas.
Healthier savoury snack ideas
Instead of crisps, salted nuts, which can all be high in salt and fat, try:
- Small handful of unsalted mixed nuts
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Rice cakes with lower fat cream cheese and cucumber
- Celery sticks filled with lower fat cream cheese
- Homemade popcorn (without sugar or salt)
- Unsalted ricecakes, crackers or oatcakes
Fun for dipping
Snacking on veg also counts towards your 5 A DAY and ups your fibre intake too. So how about these:
- Veg sticks - carrot, celery, baby sweetcorn, peppers and radishes with a reduced fat hummus dip
- Sliced apple and a lower fat soft cheese to dip
Always check the label
To find out how much salt, saturated fat and sugar is in snacks, check the nutrition label on packaged food.